Industry clients have reported they expect accelerated drone operations coming out of the pandemic and economic instability, as they look to increase operational cost savings e.g. construction inspection.
Drones are playing an active role in the response in China, for example:
- Monitoring the curfew and use of masks (Forbes)
- Public service announcements via aerial speakers and banners (ABC)
- ‘Remotely spraying large areas with disinfectant (WSJ)
- Thermal cameras to detect fever temperatures (BBC)
- ‘Providing lighting for rapid construction of emergency hospitals (OpenGovAsia)